Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Books + Soup = Fall Comfort

Yesterday our internet was not working! This was only partially frustrating because I couldn't blog. Other than that, It was kind of a relief because I caught up with reading Time Traveler's Wife. I am loving that book.

Here is my update on yesterday: After my yummy bowl of oats and I had a small snack of yogurt covered raisins (I love yogurt and have it in any form possible). It was a good snack and kept me satisfied for longer than I thought it would.

lunch was yummy and very satisfying! I had a ham sandwich, sliced apple with a dash of cinnamon on top, and Danon light and fit vanilla yogurt with Organic Cascadian Farms Cinnamon Raisin Granola. Unfortunately, I couldn't take a picture of it because my camera ran out of battery. (Technology was bailing on me right and left.)

After lunch, I charged my camera battery and went to class. I came home very excited for dinner. On the menu: Broccoli Cheddar Soup! I followed the Food Network recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/almost-famous-broccoli-cheddar-soup-recipe/index.html

It came out delicious! I enjoyed it with a piece of french baguette on the side! The recipe said to top it with more cheese - but I topped it with more broccoli. I am broccoli's number one fan.





Soup is so comforting. I just love it!

For Dessert: a chocolate cookie courtesy of my roommate, Andrea! :)

I need to study! I have a test tomorrow! My internet should be working for good now - which means you'll see me after dinner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment