Sunday, November 7, 2010

1:47:22

ONE hour FORTY-SEVEN minutes and TWENTY TWO seconds. My official race time for the half marathon. I am SO happy!



My average mile time was 8:12. I couldn't believe it. After taking so much time off because of my foot, I didn't think I would do so well.

We woke up at 5:10. I hardly slept all night. I was afraid that I was going to miss the race because of the time change! I found this lovely message from my roommate, Katie, on the way to get breakfast:



For breakfast, I had a piece of toast with peanut butter and banana. Then I laced up and by 5:45 we were on our way to the race!

It was very cold! Everyone bundled together before the race.




Kellee, Me, Nicole, and Ida


My mom and I warming up!


Tons of people!


My award!

The race started at 7. I started with the 2 hr. 10 min. pace group, because I didn't want to start off too fast. I felt good the whole way, but there were some hills that I didn't think they would be as bad as they were. By mile 8, I was running with the 1 hr. 50 min pace group! By mile 9, I passed them! It was a really great race and I am so happy my parents and Joe were there to support me.

Afterward, we celebrated with a visit to my favorite Mexican restaurant: El Dorado!

My legs are beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment