Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bad Oatmeal, Good Picture

This morning, I woke up very excited for my pumpkin oatmeal. I followed Kath's recipe for her pumpkin oatmeal with a few adjustments:
http://www.katheats.com/pumpkin-wars/

I had high hopes for this oatmeal. I mean, look how beautiful it was!



So far this is my favorite picture I have taken of food! I am so proud! The leaves in the background, the colors and details in the oatmeal. It just screams fall! (The rest of the pictures do not look like this!)

Pumpkin oats with 1/3 cup skim milk, 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 of a thinly sliced banana, pinch of salt, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin spice. Topped with a sprinkle of brown sugar, cinnamon raisin granola, and coconut. Well, the problem came about when I realized I used WAY too much pumpkin spice! It tasted really spicy, not the nice sweet taste pumpkin spice usually has. I thought I could negate it by adding more sugar. Nope. It made it worse! I still ate about half of it. I was dissappointed, because I had to eat cereal instead with the rest of my banana.

On the plus side, I stayed full until noon! Two of my classes were canceled today, so I went home early and made myself lunch.



A bagel with herbed brie cheese and ham, broccoli, and my fist Persimmon EVER. I found it to taste very similar to a melon. I'm sorry to say that I wasn't a huge fan. I didn't finish it. It was very ripe. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I do have another one, so I am going to give it another chance tomorrow. Since, I threw the persimmon away I decided to enjoy an apple with vanilla yogurt and granola.



+ a small cookie for dessert!

I am going running today! YEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment