Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lovely Fall Day

I love fall. I love the changing leaves, the weather, and THE FOOD! And today was such a beautiful fall day.

After breakfast, Joe and I went to a park and had a picnic.

It consisted of sharp cheddar cheese, apples, pita chips and hummus, and chocolate and toasted coconut covered graham crackers (I made those!)





Chocolate and toasted coconut covered graham crackers! (Courtesy of Martha Stewart)
They were SO good and really easy to make. Joe ate almost all of them in one sitting!

After our picnic, we climbed on a couple of man made boulders within the park. Joe LOVES to rock climb. He had been wanting to visit the park for a while and today was definitely a great day for it.

I saw paved running trails within the park and I was DYING to go for a run. My foot feels a lot better but I still don't think I am ready to start running again. I think by next week I will be able to run easily/cycle, just to get some easy training in before the race.


He looks like Spiderman!

When we finished climbing we decided it was to nice to go back inside. So, we went on a walk at the Arboretum.


Hybrid Tea Rose. They smelled amazing.


Joe peeking out of the bushes!


Later for dinner I made Joe grilled Kielbasa sausage with a traditional German potato salad (it has bacon in it!) It was not the most healthy dinner but we enjoyed it :)

And for dessert some apple danish!


(apple danish in the making)

After dinner, we saw a late night movie (we see A LOT of movies). We saw Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. It was pretty good. Joe seemed to really like it. There was a little love story involved, which I always like. :)

I gotta run! I should be studying for the three tests I have this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment