Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Turkey Sandwich with a Sweet Twist


I decided to surprise my boyfriend the other day with a picnic lunch. I wanted to make him something easy and portable, but still fun and different. I was looking through a few of my cook books and found the "Plymouth Turkey Sandwich" in Katie Brown's "Weekends." The recipe consisted of a spread with cranberry preserves and cream cheese.

I went to the grocery store and could find every sort of preserves EXCEPT cranberry preserves. So, I got raspberry preserves - and it was AWESOME. My boyfriend loved it too, so much that that I had to make two sandwiches for him! If you love sweet and savory together - this is a perfect recipe for you.

All you need:

4 oz. of cream cheese
1/2 cup of raspberry preserves
8 slices of Oatmeal bread (first time I tried this bread - I LOVE IT. I found it in the Bakery rather than the bread isle.)
1/2 lb. of Roasted or smoked turkey, thinly sliced
Lettuce, torn into strips (the kind of lettuce is up to you - I had Iceberg lettuce at home so that is what I used)

SERVES 4

1. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and raspberry preserves at medium speed until smooth.
2. Take two pieces of bread and spread raspberry cream cheese spread onto both pieces.
3. Add turkey and lettuce to sandwich.
4. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment